Monday, March 2, 2009

Published 11:32 PM by with 13 comments

Natural Thing

It has been a week since I wrote something about my family. I had been feeling a little lazy so I had skipped writing. I know my period is coming and it arrived just this morning and like most ladies like me, we don't want to move much and is a lot "not in the mood" now a days :p

(entrance of the play area)

Anyway, we had a small trip to the mall just this weekend and ate at Mc Donalds. My little boy loves to play at their play area so we had to eat there c: We ordered our food and as usual me and dad started eating while my son ran out to play. He is always like this when we go to Mc Donalds, and in a little while he rans back to grab a bite and eat his favorite sundae c: Then he rans back to play some more. 

(end of the slide)

In a little while I noticed this particular girl about 5 years in age. She was really chubby anyway, she started to hit a certain little girl a lot smaller in size compared to her. The smaller girl ran up to her dad and hid but the bigger girl followed her and started hitting her again. Good thing the little girls dad stopped her and asked the chubby girl why she was hitting her child. The chubby girl ran back to her play. Sitting while my eyes searched for her guardian to know if this child was beeing watched. This is to see to it that she won't hurt anybody else (mother's instinct). Good thing my son ran back and I warned him not to go near that particular girl to avoid beeing hurt. Then I saw the chubby girls guardian sitting by the play area just looking at her and not making an effort to stop the child. I later on noticed that her child was special and maybe she doesn't know how to stop her and even prevent other kids to be hurt by her child. I was struck with compassion for the both of them. I know she just wants her child to enjoy but she doesn't know how to stop her. I also am a mom so I understand her. I also had that natural instinct to call Josh and tell him not to go back and play. I later on explained to him why, dad and I explained to him that we fear he might get hurt and we can't prevent it while he is inside the play area. We ate and talked to Josh so he would still enjoy being there. Then we heard another mom seeing her child inside the tube like play area crying. They shouted too because they saw their child being hit again for the 2nd time by the other girl. She told her crying child to slide down and leave the place. The mother collected her crying child.

I have mixed feelings for this incident. I feel for that chubby childs mom and even wishing I could be of help. Another is the feeling of protectiveness for my child too :c

13 comments:

EJ said...

I think that the chubby girl's mom should learn how to control and discipline her daughter in public, i'm sure even if she's a special child there's a way to train them...

EJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi mare, i think that the nanay of that special child could have just get her daughter and leave if she can't control her..

I have a tag for u nga pala _ a tribute to MOMs tag~

Cecile said...

dropping by here; glad to hear you have had fun during your family activities/bonding :-)

Anonymous said...

Looks so much fun! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. :D

iceah said...

@Joops
I believe that, maybe she has no knoledge on this she feels hopeless. I think that is what I saw from her face :c

@rylie
thanx dear c: I'll drop by soon c:

I think she only likes her child to enjoy and does not know how to handle her.

@Cecile
Yup we did kahit sandali nga lang c:

@liza
You are very welcome c: visit soon c:

Darlyn said...

ellow.. dropping here just to say hello to your whole family :D

Umma said...

You're a real mom talaga Mommy Ice, always protective with your own kid. Even me, Im overly protective with my baby already..

But sometimes, we cannot avoid those kind of scenario bec each mommy has its own way of disciplining their kids.

So better take precaution na lang di ba?

Tiff said...

I don't blame you for your mixed feelings. That is a hard situation. But I guess my feelings, the little girl should not be playing so close to other kids until she learns not to hit. Maybe her mom should take her to a park where it is more open, instead of somewhere with such small spaces. Until the little girl learned not to hit. My sister in law had something like this happen. Her little girl is almost two. They were at a place like McDonald's and a little boy was in there biting. The parents were no where to be found. They were inside eating. And new the little boy had a biting problem..and they were not even watching him. Crazy. But besides all this. I love the pics as always!! :)

Anonymous said...

It is the fault of the chubby girl's parents - they should know that this chubby girl has the tendency to harm other kids.

iceah said...

@Darlyn
Thanx hi to you too dear c:

@Umma
Yeah we all are I think c: It's natural to be protective but at times nga we should teach them to fight their own battles minsan c:

@Tiff
Hey dear how are you missing your visits here c:
Yeah I think kids should always be watched at play time even. A play park would be much better for the little girl and discipline even though she is special c:

@Gem
It is also the mom should know how to discipline her kid. Learn to control her mas mahirap pagnadisgrasya nya yung ibang bata delicado yun madala sa hospital diba :c

MaricrisG said...

I think the mom is also sick! If you're child starts hurting others, it is common sense to stop her inspite of her "special" circumstances. It is sad but even "special" kids needs discipline. To condone it is just making her condition worst.

iceah said...

@Maricris
well maybe you are right that doesn't excuse them tama ka c: