>> Saturday, November 8, 2014
Here's another one of my recipes, for those of you who want to do some asparagus cooking.
what you need...
2 tbsps. butter
2 tbsps. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups fresh milk
1/2 cup cream cheese
salt and white pepper to taste
for the toppings:
1 cup canned or bottled artichoke hearts (sliced )
1 cup canned asparagus (sliced)
1 cup canned button mushrooms (sliced)
1 tsp. garlic (minced)
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 pc. baguette (cut into 4 or 6 slices)
2 cups Mozzarella cheese (grated)
what to do...
1. Melt butter in a sauce pan, in low heat. Stir in flour to form a Roux. Pour in milk and whisk until it thickens lightly.
2. Add in cream cheese, salt and white pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
3. Using a spoon spread the white sauce over baguette slices. Sprinkle with grated Mozzarella cheese.
4. Arrange artichokes, asparagus, and mushrooms on top of the baguette with cheese. Sprinkle with garlic and Italian seasoning.
5. Bake in the oven or oven toaster until cheese is melted and the baguettte is crisp as well.
*makes 4- 6 servings
* for the base you can also use Pizza Dough or better yet make your own dough from scratch