>> Monday, November 10, 2014
Here is another one of my recipes:
what you need...
1 whole chicken (quartered)
1/4 cup ginger (grated)
1 pack all purpose cream (250 ml)
3 pcs. small chilies (sliced, optional)
1 stalk lemon grass (chopped, white part only)
1 cup kang kong/ water spinach, cut-ups
salt and white pepper
what to do...
1. Rub chicken with grated ginger, salt and pepper. Marinate for atleast 15 minutes.
2. Bring to boil marinated chicken then simmer . Add the chillies and lemon grass and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. When chicken is tender, add Kang kong/ water spinach as you simmer for another minute.
4. Lower heat as you add the all purpose cream. Before it boils remove from fire and let it cool.
5. When chicken is cool enough to handle, drizzle it with it's broth and wrap in banana leaves.
6. Grill over charcoal or on an electric griller for at least 5 minutes on both sides.
7. Serve hot wrapped inside banana leaves or cut sides of the of banana leaves but leave the bottom part.