>> Friday, November 14, 2014
what you need...
250 g smoked bacon
2 tbsps. oil
2 pcs. white onions (sliced into rings)
500 g macaroni (pre cooked)
1 tsp. basil (dried)
salt and pepper to taste
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup Cheddar cheese (grated)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
what to do...
1. Render the smoked bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels then crumble.
2. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. In the same pan, saute onions until caramelized. Set aside on a plate.
4. In a bowl, combine cooked macaroni, basil, bacon, half of the sauted onions, half of the grated cheese, cream of mushroom soup, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Pour the mixture in a buttered casserole dish.
5. Cover the top with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven. Uncover and sprinkle with the remaining sauted onions and grated cheese.
7. Return to the oven and bake until cheese is melted.
8. Remove from oven and let stand for a few minutes then serve.
*makes 6 servings.