Friday, November 7, 2008

Published 3:36 PM by with 21 comments

Sweet Surprise c:

Wednesday I went to bed not feeling well and disheartened. My angel did not arrive plus I made a wrong decision of cleaning our ref and mishandled it in the process. End point freon was released and we have no ref to cool our food for now :c Hubby was furious and I had to face the consequences of my actions without answering back of course c: I slept exhausted and feeling sorry for everybody :c

When I woke up my hubby was awake. As I went to the kitchen to cook food and prepare for his hot water he kissed me and greeted me a Happy Birthday and pulled me away from the kitchen to the computer and show me what he has made for me.

READ IT WITH ME c:

The Cowboy, The Wily Winds of Destiny, and The Princess in Distress

Thirty-two years ago today my soul mate was born. The road that was laid out for her was quiet different from what I had. Our paths crossed six years ago and since then our roads has become one. Below is a little story that is very much like our love story except for the ending.

There was once a cowboy who was tired of riding the blind horse of time and of wearing not a cowboy's hat but a knight's broken helmet and heavy armor mangled by dents. One starry night he was blown by the wily winds of destiny to the room of a princess distressed by her sleeplessness, a sleeplessness caused by a pea of desire buried deep under her thick mattress--a desire to horse around like a cowgirl chasing fiery sunsets, sunsets that wet the corners of her soul's mind's eye. And they talked 'till the birth of dawn, and on to dusk, about sunsets and horses that never were part of them, but are in them, and of how life should be written in free verse and not with the chains of versification and metrical form.

And they wanted to talk some more but he has to be on the road before the mad swirl of the meeting of the then and the now sweep the two of them away to a time and place that never was, and never will be, for he was a cowboy and she was a princess, and a cowboy has to be on the road forever riding the blind horse of time, and the road was not where a princess should be. But it could be, if the princess would just let it be . But a princess was a princess and a cowboy was a cowboy.

And the cowboy had to go for it was late in the afternoon and the wind was singing dirges to the dying sun. So as the darkness fell, he bid her goodbye.

And on the road the cowboy rode again that blind horse, slowly out of her sight, as the last of her sun bled on her sky, just moments away before the hand of time started hanging stars on their firmament, in memory of the beautiful should-have-beens that the two of them did not allow to live.

Happy birthday my dearest Isah Marie, I love you very much :) Thank you very much for not allowing your cowboy to ride away without you, dear princess.

(glan, sarangani ,2002)

As I was reading this I was teary eyed and smiling at the sametime c: Isn't he sweet or what?! c:
Love you too dadee c:



*read the whole story at my hubby's Freedom Wall

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday sis :) hubby mo pala si pastilan ah.. hehehe.. sweet sweet naman.. enjoy your day :)

Anonymous said...

hi te!! :)
ang sweet!!! it's quite evident that you did have a happy birthday but lemme greet you anyway..belated happy birthday!!! :*

Marilou / Lucky Cow Shop said...

you are very lucky you got a sweet husband who still remembers to be "sweet" to his wife, even after marriage.

popcorn said...

Happy Birthday! :D

Pastilan said...

@berry nye h he he, mas sweet ako nung di pa kami mag asawa, talagng nbbwasan ang sweetness pag magasawa na kau pero yung love andun pa rin, di nababawasan. Yung sweetness kasi sa panhon ng courtship dla lang yun ng pagiging atat ng guy sa girl he he he marami akong ginawa nung di pa kami mag asawa na mas sweet. Ngayon paminsanminsan na lang ako sweet, three times a week na lang, noon every day nye he he he

Marilou / Lucky Cow Shop said...

hindi ba puedeng laging sweet na lng hehehe

3 times a day? puede na rin!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi sis, Happy birthday!! :o) May you be showered with more blessings. Your hubby is so sweet and romantic. Di ba sya nilalanggam? LOL

Gem said...

Yes.. I saw this doon pa sa kabilang post hehehe...

Sa totoo lang, I would fall in love for that guy who can tell me this.

Haayyy...

Dorothy said...

This was so beautiful Im so glad I found you when you visited my site www.grammology.com would you ever want to guest post on my blog..? I love your site will bookmark this and come back..I read your bio its so interesting..and happy belated birthday blessings to your cowboy and your family...

My very best..contact me via my email dorothy@grammology.com you are a great writer..so gifted in words..

Dorothy

Anonymous said...

wow...how sweet and touching!

ang swerte mo naman!

Tiff said...

Happy Late Birthday!!! What a sweet hubby!!! Besides the frig being messed up I hope your bday was wonderful!! :)

Anonymous said...

i am sorry about the fridge, i feel for you too, there are just times when something happens beyond our limitations. happy birthday! this is a sweet post!

EJ said...

Wow your hubby is a poet..

Anonymous said...

happy birthday icy! gosh, if hubby will write a story like that, i will give him kisses the whole day hahaha... Very nice!

M A Y A said...

aaawww! ang sweet! actually di ko binasa un story ng cowboy (ang tamad noh?) pero dun palang sa "Thirty-two years ago today my soul mate was born. The road that was laid out for her was quiet different from what I had. Our paths crossed six years ago and since then our roads has become one." - panalo na!!!

EJ said...

wow you're very lucky to have a very sweet hubby... I seldom do that to Rose lol...

pchi said...

oi, ngayon ko lang nabasa L-)

weeh! belated happy birthday!

princess in distress ba talaga? hehe
now it's nice that you're already a reigning queen

iceah said...

@Pchi
I don't consider myself na princess mas cowboy pa nga ako dyan sa kanya :p mas parang prinsipe yan e maarte in a lot of ways hehehe c:

Marilou / Lucky Cow Shop said...

@iceah hahaha kakatawa talaga. pero sweet pa ren sya.

Cecile said...

belated happy birthday, dear! sorry missed it, well better late than never, di ba?

pchi said...

ahahaha. talaga?

interesting to note yan ha... hehe

ganyan nga siguro ang mga artists