Friday, April 17, 2009

Published 6:58 PM by with 12 comments

I Have UTI :c

photo from: eMedicine Health

I woke up the other day feeling an ache on my anus as if it was being pulled towards the inner part of my body. I also felt a pain in the right part of my stomach, a clenching pain. When I could not bare the pain any longer I woke up my hubby. By that time I was shivering with pain. Last Fridday  I felt it for hours in the afternoon. I felt it before but not for long hours and not as intense as that time.

The whole day my energy was low and every effort of movement sucks my energy. So I decided to have a search on the net for UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) and found  eMedicine Health the most informative so far. With all the meaning, explanation, causes, symptoms, plus treatment and all. It was so much a big help for me. We (me and my hubby Pasti) even made a discovery of how to treat it. I made coconut juice my water and drank a lot of water. It is quite relieving and made the pain go away. Thank you Lord for natural medicine c:

Anyway I have this because of my addiction to salty and spicy junkfood, coffee, cola and I drink less water ( I usually forget this due to busyness :p). Here are some of the causes aside from what I have written on top:

  • The culprit in at least 90% of uncomplicated infections is Escherichia coli, better know as E coli. These bacteria normally live in the bowel (colon) and around the anus.
  • These bacteria can move from the area around the anus to the opening of the urethra. The two most common causes of this are poor hygiene and sexual intercourse.
  • Usually, the act of emptying the bladder (urinating) flushes the bacteria out of the urethra. If there are too many bacteria, urinating may not stop their spread.
  • The bacteria can travel up the urethra to the bladder, where they can grow and cause an infection.
  • The infection can spread further as the bacteria move up from the bladder via the ureters.
  • If they reach the kidney, they can cause a kidney infection (pyelonephritis), which can become a very serious condition if not treated promptly.
To know more on this  visit eMedicine Health
it is very complete c: ...

12 comments:

pchi said...

I had UTI before too.

probably because of poor hygiene... or too much salt in my diet

ayos ang list ah, complete...

yeah, buko juice is very effective daw

but when I had it, I had to take doses of antibacteria medicine

EJ said...

Good thing you caught it early.. Hope you'll be okay soon..

ryliej said...

Oh masakit daw yan sabi ng ka officemate ko dati, nagkaUTI din sya.. Sana okay ka na mare!

Badong said...

aw. I had UTI as well(which is very uncommon for guys, btw) and i know the feeling. pagaling kayo agad!

Marilou / Lucky Cow Shop said...

yan yung hirap umihi di ba? eh kung just for a day lang dahil kinulang lang ng water, UTI ren ba tawag dun?

Meryl (proud pinay) said...

hi sis, sorry to hear from you that you have UTI... take care of yourself. God bless

iceah said...

@Pchi
talaga c: mahilig talaga ako sa salty and spicy food :p

@Joops
Thank you am okay now c:

@Rose
Thanx mare sa concern oo masakit :c okay nako c:Thank you Lord c:

iceah said...

@Badong
Thanx for dropping by c: and yes bihira sa lalaki ito. Thanx ok nako c:

@Berry
Yup I think so minsan nakakalimutan ko din uminom kasi lalo na pagbusy nga and kung pinipigilan mo din umihi hanggang makalimutan mo is bad too :c

@Meryl
Thanx dear c: okay nako c:

niko said...

hi dear!! kaya pla uve been missing in action, i hope u are ok now!!

miss ur visits already. tc

Umma said...

Hello Mommy Ice, Im back to blogging now.. I missed checking your site for a month already. I know I hv so much to catch up now.

Sad to know that you were suffering from UTI, I believe the pain could cause and drain your energy. But good thing, both of you and Pasti are very resourceful.. at least you were able to cure the pain in a natural way.

But I believe you should go to see a doctor to make sure that everything is ok Mommy.

Take care and rest more.. remember drink a lot of water.

iceah said...

@Niko
oo nga e c: Thanx medyo magaling nako c:

@Umma
Hi miss your presence in our blogs ha c: I understand naman c: Hope your holding on I saw your new look c:

Yup nagpachek-up napo c:

Thanx for the concern and sa reminders po c:

windi said...

I'm so sorry to hear your dealing with this, oh I know this pain! I have had this as well and oh it hurts! Feel better soon!! I'll keep you in my prayers!