Friday, February 27, 2009

Published 1:52 AM by with 11 comments

Banig Paintings


Last month I saw an artist featured on TV, he is an architect/painter whose signature is acrylic on hand-woven mats (banig) paintings. His works were shown on TV and me and my hubby (who is into everything that is art) were really impressed with his works. There is a touch of cubism in his works which my hubby really likes. The way he plays with colors also is very beautiful. If I were that rich i would buy many of his paintings. A while ago I tried to do a search in Google to see if I can find a website that features his works. I just used the term "banig painting" and after I hit the enter button the top search result gave out a link to his site which is hosted by  Multiply. The name of the artist by the way is Archt. Jomike Tejido. He doesn't know that I have featured him here :) Check out his blog and see what I mean. I am sure that you'll be impressed with his paintings. The above image is a detail of one of his works. 

11 comments:

Lucky Girl said...

Oh, wow, his use of color is beautiful!

About your comment, no, we don't make wedding rings, at least not yet. But we're getting in some new tools and equipment, so maybe in a couple of months....

iceah said...

@lucky girl
thanx so much for the reply i shall visit you again for this c:

Marites said...

wow! nice paintings and they were done on banig pa? that's quiet unique. will go visit his site:)

iceah said...

@Marites
Yup they are very unique too visit it as soon as you can c:

Victoria said...

Wow those are so pretty and unique. His work is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Great looking painting!

iceah said...

@Three Fates
yup it is pretty unique and nice too c: a good artist just like you dear c:

@Gallivanter
thanx for the visit c:

Umma said...

Wow.. Im impressed of how he used the color combination Mommy Ice. I like it, its really fantastic..

iceah said...

@Umma
yeah he is really good c; I like it too c:

Marilou / Lucky Cow Shop said...

ang galing naman nung painting, pinong pino

iceah said...

@Berry
oo nga napahanga ako c: