Saturday, June 27, 2009

Published 8:11 AM by with 5 comments

Of Crabs and Losers

I see the blogosphere as a world where bloggers coexist in harmony that is why I never left any bad message or comment in anyone's blog. But things are never as good as how one usually sees them. In the past few days someone has been leaving bad messages in my chat box. The first message says that Pinay Chicken Heart should not be in the "Personal" category in TopBlogs.com.ph because it is not a personal blog. I did not mind that message but took note of the IP address of the one who left the message. A few days later the same person left another message, this time it says that my posts are just copied from other blogs. Then yesterday the same person left more messages that say that my blog's content are copied and that I don't deserve to be number 1 in TopBlogs.com.ph Personal Category. The person claims that he (or she) is not a blogger, he (or she) just loves criticising "blogs that are not deserving to be number 1". I perfectly understand this person, this person is the epitome of the crab, this person's mentality is that of a crab. I know that this person is envious of my being on top of my category and I know that this person's blog will never make it to at least 60 unique hits a day even if he (or she) use up everyday all the 300 EC drops allowed for his (or her) poorly secured WP blog.

There are things I would like to make clear: my content is original, I do not just copy and paste. If there are "copied" content, these are blockquoted. In journalism, quoting is one of the best ways to have credibility because there are things that you could not just rephrase because rephrasing could distort the original message. You can pass my blog through Copyscape.com and see if there are copied contents in it.

The reason why Pinay Chicken Heart is getting a lot of traffic (5,432 unique hits per day) is sound SEO. There is no other secret except honest to goodness SEO. Copied content is of course not a sound SEO practice. If the content of this blog is copied, Google won't place almost every of my post in the first page of the SERP. Check this out:





I can post more than 20 of these SERP screenshots showing my posts in the first page of Google search result if you like. It would be impossible for a blog with copied content to land on the first page of Google search result. Google is smart and it knows who copied from where. Google won't give importance to blogs whose contents are just copied. If my content is copied, Google won't place almost 70% of my posts in the first page of the SERP. So to the CRAB who wants to pull my blog down, this is what i have to tell you, mind your own business and clean up your blog's template because it really looks like my four year old son's first attempt in template making, hehehe..... My hubby can make you a WP template for free, just ask him :p

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bloggers iceah are just jealous of your achievements. don't mind him or her. I didn't know crab mentality still exist hehehe, well i guess hindi talaga nawawala yan, its just right there lurking in the dark. You did a great job in the blogging world iceah. Have a nice weekend!

J.D. Lim said...

Hi!

I agree with you that this person would just like to put you down. But I won't agree with this statement:

"My hubby was able to trace the person's blog and he's now working with his friends in a black hat forum on the best way to deal with this person's blog (my hubby is root admin in that forum and it is of course easy for him to make a "hack this blog" contest for hundreds of willing "ninjas" in their forum)."

That would also put you on the same level as the one who is 'criticizing' your blog. I guess, you should just shrugg this one off and just continue what you have been doing. :)

Just my personal opinion on this matter, nothing personal, ayt? :)

pchi said...

there will always be people who will criticize us or our personality or what we do

congrats ate iceah!

just don't mind that person.

Miah said...

tsk3... wag mo nalang pansinin ice... inggit lang yan kasi hindi man lang cguro xa nasali sa top 10 sa topblogs hehehe... :D just keep on blogging, di tlga maiiwasan yan mga ganyan issue, just keep on doing what is right and just... :D

Cecile said...

just forget about this person....he/she was just jealous :-); just keep it up...and congrats for being number 1!