Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Published 5:27 PM by with 3 comments

Cucumber Avocado Soup Recipe

I found a cool recipe somewhere and I really would like to try this one. I guess I owe it to the website where I got this to put their link here. Here's the site : GroupRecipes.com. Mind you, this is not a paid post, I just feel the need to give what is due to those that impress me :)

Cucumber Avocado Soup recipe



what you need...

2/3 cup plain yogurt (nonfat is fine)
4 cups cucumber (peeled, seeded and cut into small, about 1-inch chunks)
1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
1 cup avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed up (about 2 -3 avocados)
salt
sugar

for ganishing...

1/4 cup cucumber diced 
fresh herb of choice  (dill, cilantro, mint, etc.)

Here's how...
1. Puree the cucumbers in a blender until completely smooth. 
2. Add the avocados, yogurt, lime juice and blend until silky smooth.
3. Chill thoroughly if not already cold, correct seasonings with salt and sugar. 
4. Serve each portion with a garnish of about one tablespoon of diced cucumber and minced herbs or a dollop of yogurt.

Enjoy! c:

And I borrowed their image too :p

3 comments:

Umma said...

I havent tried the use avocado for cooking.. this sounds good and yummy.. I will try this one too...
Thanks for sharing Mommy Ice.

iceah said...

@Umma
yup it does look yummy :9 will try it too c: always eaten avocado as a dessert and not as a part of an ulam c: nor soup c:

Anonymous said...

wow, this one's very healthy ice. have you already tried it? how does it taste? hehehhe... looks weird to me. do let me know how it was. it looks healthy enough and the image is attractive enough to give it a try though.

btw, i have an award for you ice: Honest Scrap Award. please come get it ha? thanks dear!