Monday, September 29, 2008

Published 1:22 PM by with 16 comments

A Blessing by Choice

Been busy lately, and it's good to be back after a busy week last week c: It was my hubby's bday last monday (sept.22) the celebration was cut short because he had a flu :c he even refused to have a rest and absent from work. I had to scold him back to his senses :p

Friday I had to catch up with washing our clothes so I could prepare for Saturday. Because it was my mamas special day c:
Happy Birthday Mama ! ! !

I had to meet my parents at a mall in Marbel ( it's about an hour ride from our place). Surprised mama with a bouquet of flowers (lavender, pink and purple mumps coz those were her fav colors c:) She was so happy c: and so was I. We ate breakfast and lunch there to have a private party at a public place c:

We haven't met since June this year. Meeting them once a month energizes me and is essential to me because it also reminds me of how they did their best to be what I am today c: I want to make them proud by duplicating their love, care, love and respect for God and discipline to my own family c:

Meeting them brought both happiness and sadness to me. I can see how frail and sickly they have become. My mama has diabetes while my papa has heart enlargement. I just want to be by their sides but they gave up their comfort to build a church in Lake Sebu. They want to be a blessing to the T'Bolis (name of the tribes living there, featured them at my other blog) there with or without a support from our church. Tough for them and for me too, seeing them less provided by us their children specially for their medication. Nonetheless, I opted to give my best to provide them with medicine and supplies with the help of my brother too c: This will be my contribution to missions work not because I have to but because I want to. With God's help I can do all things c: Small is the amount I may give, still it will be a blessing to the ones who will receive it and all for...
the Lord's Glory c:

God bless you mama and papa for being a blessing to others c:
Am so proud of you both c:
The Lord shall reward your efforts with success!


16 comments:

Gem said...

Ahaha! It's always great to get in touch with old folks.

Your mama and papa look sweet to each other!

Marilou / Lucky Cow Shop said...

I miss talking to my papa.

and yes, ang sweet nga ng mama and papa mo. I don't see my parents or my parents-in-law like that

iceah said...

@gem and berry
ganyan talga sila pero pagnagaway hehehe c:

Tiff said...

Wow girl you have been busy!! Hope your hubby is feeling better! Your parents are so cute, I moved away from my parents this past March and it has been weird not seeing them as much! My husband only sees his parents about once a year, they live in Canada so it is hard for us to get up there allot.. Also, hubby and I are thinking of moving to Alaska, if this happens I will be lucky to see my parents once a year! Crazy to think about that...

Anonymous said...

wow... they still look sweet after all these years

iceah said...

@tiff
yup,crazy life hehehe c: but enjoyed doing the this for my family it's worth it after seeing their smiles c:

it was hard for me not seeing them because i was the last one out of their sight like you i think? c: although am not the youngest because i had to finish my schooling longer due to transferring and lack also no the same course offer in the same place.

our family is tightly knitted too for that am glad c:

wow that's more tough seeing them for once a year haaa! i can't take that c:

iceah said...

@Pchi
yah,am glad too...montikmontikan na :p if you know what i mean c:

Tiff said...

hey! I am back! I know I write way to long of comments and post..haha...My hubby is doing great..I am glad yours is doing much better! I just visit your friends blog and left a very very long comment..lol..oh well...crazy weeks for both of us...hope the craziness slows done soon for both of us to..lol...

EJ said...

Belated happy birthday to your mom and hubby.. My best wishes for them..

Thanks for the comments you shared.. greatly appreciate it..

Added u on my list, hope you don't mind./.. I'll be frequent here!

Joe said...

Hi! I've chanced upon your site while bloghopping... hope you could visit mine...

e-souled said...

hi icea!



Wow, you're so blessed!bihira na ganyan ngayon! My parents got separated when i was in grade 3, after 21 years of marriage! Sob!

Anyway, thanks for the comment and for visiting my blog!

Hmmm, im thinking of creating a blog with a tag line, "Just a daddy blogging about his gems" what do you think? but what am i going to name that blog? Duck Heart? just kidding! i'm just missing my son and my wife. Btw, why "Chicken Heart"?

iceah said...

@e-souled the explanation why it is Chicken heart is here: Why Chicken Heart

Thanks for dropping by c:

iceah said...

@Tiff
thanx so much deary c: your an angel c: thanx for beeing a big help c: mwa! :o

iceah said...

@joops
sure no problem c: am adding you too c:

iceah said...

@jowell
sure glad to visit you back c:

e-souled said...

hmmm well said iceah:

This "chicken heart" is not the typical faint-hearted or coward person but a lot different. "Chick" is the slang for pretty or sexy (desirable!) girl which is what I was before I got married (it doesn't mean to say that i'm no longer now). The term "chicken" came about after I gave birth to my first born (wala pang pangalawa ha, we're just planning to make one pa he he he..) “Chicken kana” was what Dadee (my husband) told me with a smile while looking at our Joshua Daniel the day we arrived home after a week's stay in the hospital.

And so I became a “chicken” loving my rooster and my boy chick.